Friday, April 10, 2015

Art Figures AF-017 1/6th R.I.P.C. Rest In Peace Cowboy is R.I.P.D. Roy Pulsifer (Jeff Bridges)

R.I.P.D. is a 2013 American science fiction action-comedy film starring Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds. Robert Schwentke directed the film based on a screenplay adapted from the comic book Rest in Peace Department by Peter M. Lenkov.

Veteran lawman Roy Pulsifer (Jeff Bridges) works for the R.I.P.D. (Rest In Peace Department), a legendary police force charged with finding monstrous spirits who are disguised as ordinary people but are trying to avoid their final judgment by hiding out among the living. When Roy and his new partner, Nick Walker (Ryan Reynolds), uncover a plot that could end all life, they must discover a way to restore the cosmic balance or else watch the tunnel to the afterlife start sending angry souls back to the world of the living.


This looks like a 1:6 scale version of Jeff Bridges as Roycephus "Roy" Pulsipher, a United States Marshal and former American Civil War soldier from the Wild West and veteran officer of the R.I.P.D.

Art Figures AF-017 1/6th R.I.P.C. Rest In Peace Cowboy 12-inch figure will come with Real life likeness 1/6th scale head sculpt, 12-inch Figure Body, White shirt, Gray vest, Dark Blue tuxedo, Dark Blue trousers, Scarf, Silver pistol, Golden Pistol, 2 Holsters, Police Badge, Cowboy hat, Leather shoes, Belt.

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.


I didn't really care for the movie but this figure is a must-have for me :) Love the outfit, love the look and Jeff Bridges is a great actor . The film may have bombed but he is simply outstanding. You cannot fault the man and I cannot wait to get my hands on this figure.


Related posts:
See my post HERE of another 1:6 scale Jeff Bridges head sculpt kitbashed as Obadiah Stane as seen in the first Iron Man movie.

The last Art Figures released 12-inch figure was to me, the figure of the year 2014. Check out the review of Art Figures AF-015 1/6th scale Heavy Armoured Special Cop "DREDD" 12-inch figure posted on my toy blog HERE and HERE.

Another figure worth a mention is the BBK 1/6th scale Cowboy OR Josh Brolin as Jonah Hex 12-inch Wild West figure. You can see my posts with lots of pictures HERE and HERE.

How about one of the originals? Triad Toys "Wanted: Dead or Alive" Josh Randall (Steve McQueen, Mr Cool himself) review posted HERE

5 comments:

sneaky prawn said...

Amazing portrait and clothing. They really make some top notch figures. The only complaint i have with their figures, is the bendy finger hands. Is this going to have have that?

alex teo said...

It seems they are the only company still favoring bendy hands. Very bad for holding anything. Wish they would change that too.

Anonymous said...

Think they 'll do ryan Reynolds,speaking of ryan Reynolds looks like we're finally get a ryan Reynolds deadpool figure that's actually licensed since there gonna do the deadpool movie.

alex teo said...

One can only hope :)

drewflu61 said...

I'm a huge fan of Jeff Bridges and this figure captures his likeness better than any I've seen (including HT). As far as the bendy fingers go, I just end up replacing them with HT hands I have. The connectors on the AF hand posts are compatible with most hands on the market now.