Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 2015 Haul: "Guardians of the Galaxy" 1/6th Star-Lord, EVA Mark.09 & 1966 Batmobile

Not a lot of 1/6th scale figures so far this month but I'm quite pleased with what I got :) The star of the show (pun intended) is none other than Hot Toys MMS255 Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure with the newly developed head sculpt of Chris Pratt as Star-Lord in the 2014 movie and an interchangeable LED light-up masked head sculpt. I also got the SEGA Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo" EVA Mark.09 pre-painted PVC statue and the Polar Lights 1/25 scale 1966 Batmobile Snap Kit. There just wasn't any space for the Hot Toys 1/6 scale version of the Batmobile so this is a size I like and am most comfortable with.


My main interest is in 12-inch figures but I'll always have a soft spot for the other toys I used to grow up with. My toy collecting hobby started with the carded BTAS (Batman: The Animated Series) figures way back in 1994 and although I've moved on from those figures to the bigger sized 1/6th scale figures, Batman has always had a hold on me in one way or another. Even when I started my toy blog in 2007, my first few posts were all about Batman. I even considered calling my blog site "The Batcave" but decided against it as I also have a lot of other toys that are not Batman related.

The Batmobile is very much a part of Batman and I've amassed quite a number of Batmobiles already, although they aren't in 1:6 scale. There are the classic Batmobiles from the 1966 Batman TV series as well as the DC Super Powers Batmobile (posted HERE and HERE), the BTAS Batmobile (pictures HERE) as well as the ones from the Batman movies (posted HERE). I even received a very nice gift in the mailbox from someone all the way in the United Sates - check out the post in my toy blog HERE.

Scroll down to check out my latest haul pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



Atomic Batteries To Power! Turbines To Speed! One of the most beloved cars in television history finally arrives in the scale everyone craves. The 1966 Batmobile was one of many icons to come from the classic Batman TV show. Known for its gadgets, the car assisted Batman and Robin on their crusade against the criminals of Gotham. Arriving in 1:25 scale for the first time ever! Snap assembly, no glue or paint required. Molded in black, plus chrome and clear plastic with Super accurate body and detail. Kit comes with metal axles


Includes figures of Batman and Robin


"Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo" is the third film in Rebuild of Evangelion, directed by Kazuya Tsurumaki and Hideaki Anno. Evangelion Mark.09 is one of the new Evangelion Units to be introduced in the Rebuild of Evangelion tetralogy. I was drawn to the black and red colors of this 7.8-inch (20cm) tall Evangelion figure as well as the scythe it wields. Why do the bad guys always look so rad!


I also got the 1/6th scale Captain America helmet that's part of the Hot Toys 1/6 scale Captain America & Steve Rogers 12-inch Collectible Figures Set. I didn't want the plain clothes Steve Rogers so I got the Hot Toys MMS242 1/6th scale Captain America (Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. Suit) Collectible Figure instead. You can check out my reviews HERE and HERE. But I certainly don't mind a spare helmet :)


Stay tuned for the reviews. Lots of pictures as always :)

No comments: