Saturday, November 1, 2014

End October 2014 Haul: Art Figures 1/6th Heavy Armoured Special Cop & two more Ninja Turtles

So the only 12-inch figure I got for the whole month haul of October 2014 is the Art Figures AF-015 Artistic Interpretation 1/6th scale Heavy Armoured Special Cop. What can I say? October has been a pretty dry month for me but this one figure more than makes up for it. I've been waiting eagerly for months for this one particular figure and it's finally here. I've already seen pictures of the actual product posted on the internet and forums but nothing beats having the actual figure in your own hands. More of this later.


The other two figures I got for October 2014 are the Kaiyodo Revoltech Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT action figures (Donatello and Michelangelo). I've already gotten Leonardo and Raphael earlier this month (see my post of the haul HERE) so this two completes the quartet. These are the most unique and creatively designed ninja turtles so far and really one-of-a-kind. I don't really go into smaller sized figures these days as I much prefer the larger scaled 12-inch figures for their attention to details and amazingly accurate and intricate accessories but these turtles just pulled me back in and I couldn't resist the temptation. If you wonder why I got hooked, check out the preview pictures HERE of these highly articulated ninja turtles.

Scroll down to see the rest of the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.




When I first saw teaser pictures of the Judge Dredd film that was released in cinemas in 2012, I hoped and prayed that some 1/6 scale company would look into making a 12-inch Karl Urban Judge Dredd figure (see my post HERE). Then in May 2014, preview pictures of Art Figures AF-015 1/6 scale Heavy Armoured Special Cop 12-inch figure were released (posted on my toy blog HERE) and I was really hoping that the figure gets made and not be pulled off the shelves. So I'm really glad that this figure is finally standing proudly in my display shelf where he belongs :) Review and pictures of this figure will follow shortly.


The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (often shortened to TMNT or Ninja Turtles) are a fictional team of four teenage anthropomorphic turtles, who were trained by their anthropomorphic rat sensei in the art of ninjutsu and named after four Renaissance artists. From their home in the storm sewers of New York City, they battle petty criminals, evil overlords and alien invaders, all while remaining isolated from society-at-large.

The characters initially appeared in comic books before being licensed for toys, cartoons, video games, films, and other merchandise. During the peak of its popularity in the late 1980s through early 1990s, the franchise gained considerable worldwide success and fame. (source: wiki)


Nickelodeon acquired the global rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the Mirage Group and 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. and announced a new CGI-animated TMNT television series. The series premiered in 2012 (this was the third animated series) and has proven to be a hit, as it was already renewed for a third season before season one ended. Season three premieres October, 2014 and the series has been renewed for a fourth season. These are the figures of the ninja turtles as seen on Nickelodeon.


Donatello and Michelangelo are the last two of the four-member team (quartet) and you could say these two complete the set. The designs of these ninja turtles are refreshing and new and these action figures add a new dimension for the turtles, especially with the alternative heads with the cute expressions. I could not resist them


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I pre-orederd my Dredd figure back in June and still haven't received it. I used a seller on eBay and I just sent him an email asking when I should get mine. I'm looking forward to your review of him.

alex teo said...

Hey Bill, hope you get your figure soon. Dredd is quite an awesome figure. One of the BEST for me this year :)