Friday, July 10, 2009

DC Universe Justice League Unlimited

This is like going back to my roots, my toy collecting roots. I started my toy collection by collecting "Batman The Animated Series" carded figures because (1) I've always been a big Batman fan and (2) I really enjoyed the animated series and followed the series quite closely. So when figures of the animated series were released, I started picking them up at the local Toys R Us stores. My very first post is of my Animated Batman collection (link HERE).

I've since moved on to 1/6 scale 12-inch collectible figures because of the amazing details and realism one can get from the uniforms or costumes, accessories, gear and weapons.

But once in a while, a simple toy still gives simple pleasures and when I saw this recently in Metro, I just had to pick it up.



Terrence "Terry" McGinnis is Batman of the Future or "Batman Beyond" (Batman II, The Tomorrow Knight, The Dark Knight of Tomorrow) and is part of the Future League







Bruce Wayne hires Terry as his "personal assistant" and begins secretly training him for his new role as Batman. In addition, Bruce assists Terry in the field primarily by keeping in continual contact with the boy at the Batcave. Beyond the vigilante duties as Batman, Terry is also Bruce's chauffeur. Terry soon takes over the reign of Batman from Bruce Wayne as protector of Gotham City.



Grumpy old man Bruce - love the character







Warhawk, the son of Green Lantern John Stewart and Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol) is part of the Future league and would eventually become a close comrade and colleague with Terry McGinnis, Bruce Wayne's successor as Batman.



Warhawk has powers such as enhanced strength, stamina, and speed. He wears a suit of armor which has razor-talons and the ability to cover him in protective liquid-metal plates, along with flight capabilities of artificial set of wings and thrusters.









2 comments:

cosmicbaby said...

Wow! Nice catch! No idea who tis Warhawk guy, but I will pick tis up the next time I go metro!
Old timer Bruce rocks!

alex teo said...

thanks marcus. Batman Beyond had some interesting episodes and Future League was one of those - i was drawn to this becoz of old man Bruce ;p